These are the details of the job, consider each of them before you apply.
- Company: Clip
- # Data Scientists to Hire: 1
- Type of Job: Tiempo-Completo
- Salary: Salary to be Agreed
- Aditional Compensation: Otras Formas
- How urgently do they need the vacancy?: 2 a 4 semanas
- Remote?: Una locación fija
Clip is changing the way payments work in Mexico! We are empowering people to exchange value directly from a mobile device. Clip enables anyone to accept card payments, at any time, and any where by turning your smartphone or tablet into a card terminal. We're a well funded quickly growing FinTech startup. We are the leaders in our market and are accelerating to extend our lead and move into new markets. Our mission: we allow people and businesses to exchange value and develop enduring relationships in a simple, fast, safe, socially relevant and more beautiful way. We are accomplishing our goals with our teams located in Mexico City, Mexico and Draper, Utah. We are the leaders in our market and are accelerating to extend our lead and move into new markets.
The Data Analyst will be part of the team responsible for all of the data in the company used to support and implement Clip's mission. This Data Analyst's work will be focused closely with product managers within the Product & Technology department as well as other leaders throughout the company to turn data into critical information and knowledge. It will be expected that his/her analysis can be used to make sound organizational decisions by using clear communication and understandable approaches. He/she needs to be a creative thinker with a strong desire to learn and improve. A successful Data Analyst at Clip would propose innovative ways to look at problems by using data manipulation and analysis techniques, while proving that their projects bring value to the company. They will directly impact business and product decisions for the future of Clip.
- Supports Data Engineers in defining new data sources, tables, and projects to be implemented on the data environment (data lake and/or data warehouse).
- Builds dashboards and reports that are used by executive leadership and other business leaders.
- Designs experiments, tests hypotheses, and builds data models to help product managers make better decisions.
- Completes daily ad-hoc data asks to help Product and other organizational teams with their analysis needs.
- Maintains data integrity by advising product managers and others on appropriate data collection, testing, and reporting.
- Simplify the consumption of data by organizing our BI tool.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field such as math, statistics, or computer science, or equivalent experience.
- Strong skills and experience in using SQL.
- Experience in using BI tools such as Periscope, Looker, or Tableau.
- Ability to efficiently extract requirements from Product Managers and other Stakeholders to ensure delivery of both accurate and desired analysis (i.e. communication and problem-solving skills).
- Ability to deliver projects and results in a timely manner, including but not limited to ad-hoc analysis with short timelines.
- Strong organization and project prioritization skills.
- Self-motivated and be able to work with little supervision while still finishing assigned work.
A good fit if you have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Skills at translating complex business problems into solutions using technology.
- Experience with working with data lakes and data warehousing solutions.
- Intermediate skills in Python or willing to learn.
- Spanish speaking is a strong plus, but not required.
- Desires to work with a global company and multinational workforce.